General Guidelines for APA Term Paper Writing and Formatting
If you are reading this article, you are supposed to write APA term paper which concerns social sciences. The first thing you can ask is what APA is. It is American Psychological Organization.
APA style is used for many kinds of papers, among which APA term paper stands the first. This style standardizes scientific writing, which concerns social sciences. Usually questions about APA term paper touch upon:
- Title page.
- Structure of APA term paper.
- Citing references in the text of APA term paper.
- Reference list.
A lot of manuals, guidelines, tutorials on APA style are available. They can also give advice on reducing bias in the language of your APA term paper.
This article is aimed to give you another piece of advice: do not try to remember all requirements for APA term paper at once. There is no need in it. You can address any manual, www.apastyle.org or your supervisor to check if your APA term paper complies with all requirements.
Here are some peculiarities of APA term paper:
- The title should contain discussed involved variables and their interconnection. Actually, summarize the thesis of your APA term paper.
- The running head is shorter than the title.
- The abstract outlines the main points of your APA term paper.
- The introduction introduces the problem discussed in the paper.
- In text citations include two elements: author’s (author’s) name(s) and the year of publication.
- In discussion section it is needed to discuss limitations of carried earlier researches. That is to define what facts lack and present them in your research.
- The conclusion is double-oriented: to restate the main idea of your APA term paper and outline directions of further research, as your research like any other paper is limited in time and volume.
These guidelines are aimed to give you general recommendations and give you advice where to look for detailed description of format and style. Good luck with your research!